Database (Course Scheduler)
COLA syllabi and course descriptions are now connected through the COLA database tools. The database is located at: http://www.utexas.edu/cola/_db
This tutorial will assist users with the role of COURSE SCHEDULER to maintain database content.
- For instruction on other Staff Admin tools, see Database (Staff Admin).
- Staff users with the database role "Course Scheduler" can add, edit, and delete course descriptions in the College database. Course description information automatically appears in the appropriate department web sites.
- Note: these individuals are not necessarily recognized as Course Schedulers by the Registrar; the COLA database role merely indicates the ability to edit course data for Liberal Arts department web sites.
- Faculty who have been assigned as instructors can edit the description and syllabus attachments for each of their courses through their Faculty Profile Pages. For more information, see Faculty Profile Pages.
- Courses will not appear within the department website without a default or section description. Courses, also, will not appear until the date the registrar has officially released that semester's course catalog.
- link to log-in
- Restricted to UT EID; standard EID and password required
- Note: If a "courses" tab fails to appear after logging into the database, contact Lisa Vera and LAITS - firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com - to obtain access.
- Displays some/all of the following:
- In the upper right-hand corner of the screen:
- (user name) logged in
- logout button