|Button on a string|
|While creating a simple noise
students talk about shapes, colors, and motion.|
You will need:
string button knot hole insert tie move middle finger end turn/spin forward through pull make music
Click on the
thumbnail image if you want to see a larger picture. Teachers who use a
1. Pick a string and a button.
2. Insert the string through one hole of the
and then back through a hole on the opposite side.
3. Tie together the ends of the string (creating
4. Slide the button to the middle of the
5. Insert your index fingers into the loop on
side of the button and spread them apart.
6. Create a circular motion with your wrists, and
swing the button forward repeatedly until the
string becomes tight.
7. Pull your hands apart. The string will
unwind, and the button will make a
Suggested links for additional ideas: