PREDOCTORAL, POSTDOCTORAL AND MID-CAREER FELLOWSHIPS
As funds become available, the Center will offer
both predoctoral and postdoctoral fellowships to encourage the study of
all aspects of black business activity.
Each year a research project on an aspect of Black
Business will be selected,
providing the basis for the awarding of fellowships to scholars in several
PROPOSED RESEARCH PROJECTS
- To investigate the economics, culture and social
setting of individual industries to identify how blacks can tap into
those industries, developing case studies of those industries in which
blacks have had some success, e.g. automobile industry, where blacks
tapped into the auto parts manufacturing sector.
- To research the impact of the new technology on
black business as well as study black businesses in the high-tech industries
Comparative Study of blacks and minority businesses.
- To research the investment industry, white and
black and its relation to black investors, assessing cultural factors
in the black community as well as income, wealth and other socio-economic
- To research black employment in White Corporate
- To research the assault on Black Corporate America
- To research American Advertising to assess how
black business can use advertising to attract not only black but all
- To research the international Business picture
as it impacts on Black Business.
- To Compare and Contrast African and Black Business
- To examine Small Black Businesses
- To EXAMINE Changing Urban Picture and Black Business
- To EXAMINE Black entrepreneurship in Entertainment
and Sports industries
Black Business and Philanthrophy